Senior Azure System Administrator
IHMC is seeking a strong a Senior Azure Systems Administrator for a full time role in Pensacola, FL. The Senior Azure Systems Administrator interfaces regularly with other internal and external team members, Network Administrators and Technical Services leadership, and is responsible for the monitoring and support of internal and client facing systems in Azure, cloud-based technologies. He/she will use the skills required of an Administrator role for Office 365 and have the working knowledge of the skills required to provision, manage, monitor, and decommission Azure related services. Additional duties consist of standard Enterprise Data Center support of Servers and Active Directory. This role is for someone that loves to be hands on in Microsoft and infrastructure technologies, enjoys working in cloud environments and wants to be part of an innovative and exciting team.
- Enhancing of the current Azure cloud environments
- Monitoring and enhancing the security of current and future Azure environments
- Evaluating and automating the scaling and capacity requirements within Azure environments
- Ensuring federated access across Active Directory and Azure AD
- Troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Implementing new environments in the Azure cloud
- Working with teams to integrate Azure infrastructure components into processes and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Availability to work night and weekend hours on occasion as required
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, information technology or related field, or 7 or more years of equivalent experience
- 5 years or more of experience in supporting applications and functions in the Azure Cloud
- Certification(s) related to the cloud environment preferred, such as MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or CCNA Cloud Preferred
- Strong experience in implementing, monitoring and maintaining Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to Compute, Storage, Network and Security
- Strong knowledge of Backup, Restore, Recovery and high availability strategies for Microsoft Azure environments.
- Strong knowledge of IaaS and PaaS services
- Windows Server and SQL database creation, configuration, upgrade, migration and patching
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Experience with R and Python ecosystems
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot Azure server and SQL database related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resources
- Strong understanding and background of working with a complex Active Directory, Azure AD, LDAP and the requirement of strictly following standards, procedures, and processes
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos and Windows Authentication
- Knowledge of network protocols such as: DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP
- Knowledge of Network and TCP/IP routing/subnetting.
- Knowledge of Cisco network equipment/IOS: routing, switching, and firewalls a plus
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of VPN connectivity and client trouble shooting.
- Excellent PowerShell skills
- Experience with Azure AD, Active Directory including managing/maintaining GPOs
The candidate must work well within a team of developers and research analyst. They should have good speaking and writing skills and be able to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly. The candidate should also be self-motivated, should be able to solve challenges without significant assistance, and should pro-actively seek to help the rest of the IHMC team reach their goals.
This is for a full-time, paid position in Pensacola, Florida. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
To Apply: Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email must be: IHMC Azure System Administrator – YourLastName. Include the following items as attachments in the email:
- Current resume in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_Resume.pdf”
- Cover letter in pdf format. Name your file: “YourLastName_CoverLetter.pdf”.
In the cover letter, include the following items:
- Describe your relevant experience.
- Discuss why you are interested in a position at IHMC.
- Provide email and phone number for three (3) professional references.
Location: Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC), Pensacola, FL
The Institute for Human & Machine Cognition (IHMC) pioneers technologies aimed at leveraging and extending human capabilities.
IHMC is a not-for-profit research institute of the Florida University System and is affiliated with several Florida universities.
Researchers at IHMC pioneer technologies aimed at leveraging and extending human capabilities. Our human-centered approach often results in systems that can be regarded as cognitive, physical, or perceptual orthoses, much as eyeglasses are a kind of ocular orthoses. These systems fit the human and machine components together in ways that exploit their respective strengths and mitigate their respective weaknesses. The design and fit of technological orthoses and prostheses requires a broader interdisciplinary range than is typically found in one organization, thus IHMC staff includes computer scientists, cognitive psychologists, neuroscientists, linguists, physicians, philosophers, engineers and social scientists of various stripes, as well as some people who resist all attempts to classify them.
Current active research areas include: artificial intelligence, cognitive science, knowledge modeling and sharing, human interactions with autonomy, humanoid robotics, exoskeletons, advanced interfaces and displays, cybersecurity, communication and collaboration, linguistics and natural language processing, computer-mediated learning systems, intelligent data understanding, software agents, expertise studies, work practice simulation, knowledge representation, big data and machine learning, as well as other related areas.
IHMC faculty and staff collaborate extensively with industry and government to develop science and technology that can be enabling with respect to society’s broader goals. IHMC researchers receive funding from a wide range of government and private sources. IHMC research partners have included: DARPA, NSF, NASA, Army, Navy, Air Force, NIH, IARPA, DOT, IDEO, Raytheon, IBM, Microsoft, Rockwell Collins, Boeing, Lockheed, and SAIC, among others.